Monday, January 1, 2007

A Series on Roman Catholic Church Doctrines

I have decided to do an extended series of posts on Catholicism.

I have two main reasons for doing this:

1. I believe that a large number of Protestants are unaware of the actual teachings of the Roman Catholic Church (RCC). Since I strongly believe that the RCC holds many doctrines that are counter-scriptural, I think it is important for every believer to understand what these doctrines are.

2. I have many family and friends in the RCC and I feel the need to understand the unbiblical doctrines to help in my conversations with them. I have felt a particular burden in this area lately.

I will do my best to represent the RCC accurately using material from their own sources. I will also do my best to provide scriptural support against the doctrines that I believe to be false.

What I will not have time to do is give a full-length, in-depth post on any given topic. I will give some facts, maybe some links, and leave it up to the readers to finish the research.

No comments: