Saturday, July 28, 2007

Canon Series Clarification


Before moving forward with a series of posts on the canon of scripture, I want to quickly convey my purpose with this series.

It is not my intent to try and prove that Protestants have the correct canon even though that is what I believe. All I want to show is that the Catholic assertion that the Roman Catholic Church “gave the world the bible back in 397AD” and that it was “Luther who removed books from the canon” is incorrect. History is not in the favor of the Catholic e-pologist argument that the canon ratified by Trent was the same canon that was always held by the Church.

As I said before, my faith does not hinge on the role of the Roman Catholic Church in the canonization of scripture. But the faulty information and arguments of Catholic e-pologists need to be corrected.

No comments: